Health Guidelines for Students and Parents
Returning to In-Person Learning
We are excited to return students to in-person learning! We have begun limited in-person instruction (LIPI) opportunities and will be expanding offerings in the coming weeks. These opportunities will be focused on providing small group instruction and services to students in such areas as Testing, Academic Support, and Technology Assistance.
COVID-19 Student Health Screening
Important: If your student has traveled outside of the state or country, it is recommended to immediately self-quarantine for 14 days prior to returning to school.
Please review all questions with your child
- Have one or more primary symptoms?
- Have two or more other symptoms?
- No symptoms, but have a positive COVID-19 test?
- No Symptoms, but have had close contact with someone (within 6 feet for a cumulative of 15 minutes or more, over a 24 hour period) with a confirmed or presumptive case of COVID-19?
Contact the school to:
- Report a symptomatic child or household member
- Inform them of an exposure to a person who tested positive for COVID-19
- Those who were exposed to a positive case will be notified
Health and Safety Procedures
- Schools will assign staff and students to cohorts for contact tracing
- Students will learn about masks, handwashing, & safety protocols
- More cleaning in classrooms, touchpoints, and public areas
- Classroom Health Stations equipped with sanitizing supplies
- School teams will support all students in following the health and safety protocols
Students are required to wear face coverings indoors and outdoors, including during recess.
- Face coverings are required for all students in grades Kindergarten and up and we will be following CDC guidelines for Face Coverings.
- We will provide a mask if needed and students will not be excluded from learning if they are not able to wear a mask.
- Face shields are an acceptable alternative when a student has a medical condition that prevents them from wearing a mask or face covering, or when people need to see the student’s mouth and tongue motions in order to communicate.
Hand Washing Keeps you Healthy
- Students and staff are required to sanitize or wash their hands upon entering and exiting district buildings.
- Buildings will have adequate supplies to support healthy hygiene behaviors.
- Schools will teach and reinforce hand washing and covering coughs and sneezes among children and staff.
- Minimum of 35 square feet per individual
- 6 feet of distance between individuals
- Marked directional paths in hallways and 6-foot markers for forming lines
- Students will walk outside whenever possible
What will Classrooms Look Like?
- Students will be assigned a student group (cohort) so classrooms will have fewer students.
- All seating in classrooms will be 6 feet apart.
- Students will most likely stay at their desks or work station.
Arrival and Dismissal Safety
- Arrival and dismissal of student cohorts may be staggered and assigned to specific entries at each building.
- Everyone will be asked to maintain physical distancing at arrival and dismissal.
- Staff and Students will ask to screen at home prior to come to school
- Staff will visually scan students for symptoms upon arrival at school.
- Students are required to sanitize or wash their hands upon entering school buildings.
Eating at School
- Students may be eating in their classrooms or at tables six feet apart
- Students must wash hands before meals and should sanitize their hands after eating.
- Students may remove their face coverings to eat or drink and must put them back on after finishing.
How to stay safe
- Use soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If this isn’t possible, you may use a hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol.
- Wear a mask. Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth when you are around others.
- Regularly clean and disinfect your surroundings.
- Cover your mouth when coughing and sneezing. Throw away used tissues and wash your hands immediately.
- Avoid close contact with people by staying home or maintaining a distance of at least 6 feet from people around you..