Nellie Muir Elementary an International Baccalaureate School
Nellie Muir is a K-5 is an International Baccalaureate elementary school serving about 500 students. We offer instruction in two languages to all students through our English Plus, and two-way immersion bilingual programs.
- Nellie Muir offers volunteer opportunities through the SMART reading program. Nellie Muir hosts the largest SMART program in the state connecting community members with 100 students as reading partners.
- Nellie Muir is a green school, a member of the Oregon Green Schools Network.
- Nellie Muir is a partner with the Alliance for a Healthier Generation to promote wellness among students, staff, and the Nellie Muir community.
- Nellie Muir staff help to organize and participate in the Woodburn Stem Festival, which is a venue for our IB exhibition.
Awards and Recognitions
- In 2008, Nellie Muir was again honored for the same achievement, one of four schools statewide to gain the prestigious “Continuing Student Success” award.
- In 2009 Nellie Muir was one of only two schools in the state to be designated a National Title I Distinguished School for our continued success in closing the achievement gap.
- In 2010 Nellie Muir successfully achieved the Bronze Level from the Alliance for a Healthier Generation as a member of the Healthy Schools Program.
- In 2014, Nellie Muir became recognized as an “International Baccalaureate School” affirming our mission to develop inquiring, knowledgeable, and caring young people who are motivated to succeed.