School Counseling is….
A profession that focuses on the relations and interactions between students and their school, with the express purpose of reducing the effects of environmental and institutional barriers that impede student academic success.
Woodburn School District Counselors Take Action
- Help student select appropriate courses
- Help students improve social skills
- Assist students in planning for college
- Connect students & families with resources
- Advocate for students with disabilities
- Help schools meet rigorous academic standards
- And so much more!
The Counselor at each school also acts as that building’s Section 504 Coordinator
Section 504 Rehabilitation Plans
Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS)
School Counseling Staff:
Nellie Muir Elementary
Woodburn High School main campusWEBSS
AIS Randi Garcia Cruz
School Social Workers: