WSD 2020 – 2021 Re-entry Planning Process
DEVELOP DISTRICT BEST PRACTICES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Establish Workgroups comprised of licensed and classified staff, as well as building and central office leaders on the following topics: Health and Safety; Instruction; Mental, Social and Emotional Health; and Community Engagement and Communication
- Using ODE’s Ready Schools, Safe Learner Guidance and Blueprint, collaborate with Workgroup to develop a common set of Shared Best Practices, Resources, and Requirements. June 23-July 14
- As needed share ideas with Instructional Models and Scenario Planning Workgroup to get feedback and ideas regarding implementation. June 30-July 14
- In like-level stakeholder teams, vet Workgroup Shared Best Practices, Resources, and Requirements to ensure compatibility and efficiency on July 14
- Revise Shared Best Practices, Resources, and Requirements as needed, based on feedback from July 16
DEVELOP BUILDING PLANS FROM LEVEL-SPECIFIC GUIDANCE
- Work with building teams in collaboration with departments (Nutrition Services, Maintenance, etc.) to implement plans in your context. July 17-July 29
- Communicate to various school stakeholder groups July 17-July 29
- Building level plans finalized and submitted to district officials by July 29
PRESENT PLAN TO STAKEHOLDERS AND AGENCIES
- Collaborate with LHA on plan prior to August 4th
- By level, present building plans to School Board and Community August 4th
- Make plan adjustments as needed, based on board and community feedback
- Submit final building plans to ODE August 15
JUNE 22-24: Establish Governance Structure and Planning Process Establish leadership committee, plan for Workgroup teams, meet with leadership to develop shared understanding, plan timeline, and identify next meeting dates.
JUNE 30, JULY 1: Workgroup Planning Sessions
Teams of licensed and classified staff and building and district leadership meet to review blueprints, draft Shared Best Practices, Resources, and Requirements.
June 30-July-14: Workgroup Planning Sessions
Instructional Models and Scenarios Workgroup meets as needed to review the feasibility and compatibility of different Workgroups’ plans.
JULY 14: Draft Workgroup Plans Completed
Workgroup plans finalize draft plans. On July 8, all Workgroup members convene to share drafts by level and receive feedback from other Workgroups.
JULY 16: Workgroup and Level Plans Finalized
Workgroups integrate any remaining feedback so that level teams can finalize plans to be shared at the building level.
JULY 17-29: Building Plans Developed
Building teams develop school plans from Shared Best Practices, Resources, and Requirements developed by Workgroups by level. Plans due July 29th.
AUGUST 4: Present Plans to School Board, Vet with Local Health Authority
Levels present plans to the school board and community, and district coordinates with the local health authority to review plans.
AUG 4-10: Building Teams Revise Plans, as Needed
Building teams revise plans based on feedback from the school board meetings, community input, and local health authority. Final plans due to DO August 10th