Yolanda Lopez to serve as Principal of French Prairie Middle School
The Woodburn School District has announced one additional administrative change for the 2019-2020 school year. Yolanda Lopez will replace Mateo Courtney as Principal of French Prairie Middle School. Courtney is resigning due to health reasons.
Lopez started at French Prairie Middle School in 1998 as a special education assistant. She served at Success High School, before earning her credentials and teaching at the middle and high school levels. Most recently, Lopez served as Assistant Principal of Valor Middle School for five years.
Other changes already announced include:
- Superintendent Chuck Ransom announced his retirement last week effective July 31, 2019.
- Claudia Kis will serve as Associate Principal at Heritage Elementary School.
- Teresa Alfaro will serve as Assistant Principal for Washington Elementary.
- Nuvia Nevarez is the new Assistant Principal at Nellie Muir Elementary School.
- Maricruz Acuña-DeMaagd is the new Assistant Principal at Lincoln Elementary School.
Open positions will be posted until filled. Retirements, promotions and transfers are the reasons behind these administrative changes for the Woodburn School District.